Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturdays in Texas

It has been so nice having fun family Saturdays! This morning Lydia started her swim lessons so Felicia took her and they came back delighted and excited that Lydia's swim skills did not suffer greatly from her lessons in Durham. Corban and I took the training wheels off the bike and began the two-wheel experience. He did well the first time out and he hoped "Dad would not let go until he turned 6!" Well, I did let go a few times and he did well! We then went to the putting green here at the apt complex and saw a couple long ones sink in and Corban really enjoyed hitting mine of line - just trying to get the mental game down as well! After lunch we all went to the pool where Felicia and I caught up on some reading and Corban and Lydia spent the whole hour trying to figure out how to get a plastic toy from the bottom of the 3 Feet. Corban had thrown it a little farthere from the wall than Lydia hoped and the water is still a little cool. The sun is hot in Texas so we are back inside now getting ready for supper. Great Easter services last night at church and Felicia, Lydia, and I served together in the Babies class at the 7:00 service. We have three services tomorrow, 7, 9, 11. We will worship together at the 9 and serve at the 11. I was at both services last night meeting and greeting and will do the same tomorrow. Happy Resurrection Day everyone and we hope all is well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Great to hear from you guys! It sounds like you guys are busy and enjoying Texas. We miss you here. How is Felicia's Mom/ Love you all, Dennis,Angie & Nick

Jessie said...

Howdy partner,
Them parts over yonder seem mighty busy. We're praying for y'all and we miss y'all. Y'all keep posting and I'll figure out how to talk Texan every time (slight hyperbole since it took me ten minutes to type this).
Tell Corbin and Lydia Andrew says Howdy too.

Jennifer said...

Yay!! Now you can give me parenting advice via blog! You just keep posting and I'll copy everything you and Felicia do...how does that sound?

Seriously, I'm so glad you guys are doing well!